Health Facilities Evaluator Nurses (HFENs)
POSITIONS EXIST AT 14 DISTRICT OFFICES STATEWIDE.
POSITIONS ARE AVAILABLE IN THE LOS ANGELES CO. AREA THROUGH THE L.A. CO. DEPT. OF HEALTH SERVICES.
Function of Position
In the Licensing & Certification (L&C) program, HFENs perform a rewarding and valuable public service to promote and protect the quality of healthcare provided to Californians of all ages. HFENs conduct complaint investigations and in-depth surveys of health facilities to determine compliance with state licensing and federal certification requirements of the Medicare and Medi-Cal programs. Primary responsibility is for enforcement of State and Federal laws, rules, and regulations pertaining to areas affecting total patient care such as nursing, physician, restorative, pharmacy, social, dental, and related services. The HFENs may act as team leaders and assist in the training of new staff.
- Possession of the legal requirements to practice as a professional registered nurse in the State of California (possess a current, valid registered nurse license), AND
- One year of professional nursing experience (e.g. general experience), AND
- Six months of administrative responsibility requiring definition and implementation of operational program policy for maintenance of nursing care standards (professional supervisory experience over other nurses).
- Possession of a Master’s degree in a health related field (i.e., microbiology, laboratory technology, nursing, physical therapy, psychology, medical social work) may substitute for the one year of required nursing experience.
- A Bachelor’s of Science in Nursing may substitute for the six months of administrative experience.
State employment requires passing an eligibility examination and a hiring interview.
Take the online examination now via the State Personnel Board here.
$5620 -$6657 (per month which includes $200 recruitment and retention pay.)
Available Benefits Include:
- Educational opportunities
- Flexible work hours
- Paid Medical/Dental/Vision
- Paid Sick & Vacation/Annual Leave
- 14 Paid Holidays
- 457/401K-Savings Plus Program
- Disability Insurance
- Great retirement options
- For more detailed benefits information please go to the California Department of Personnel Administration Employee Benefits page.
- Paid extensive new surveyor orientation including didactic instruction in Sacramento along with field training
- Paid one-week federal basic surveyor training
- Paid specialty surveyor training
Recruitment Phone Numbers by Region